Representing Georgia Workers injured on the job
Getting injured at work often causes employees to miss time while they heal. Workers’ compensation insurance was created and is paid for by employers to offer workers a means of support and the ability to pay for medical treatment. However, when workers suffer a serious or permanent injury, a Georgia workers’ compensation attorney should be consulted to ensure proper compensation is provided.
Georgia Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Although employers pay for workers’ compensation insurance as required by the state of Georgia, it is the insurance companies who generally process claims. Injured workers are often confronted by insurance claims adjusters who:
- Deny legitimate claims
- Undervalue lost wages
- Refuse substantial claims for permanent injuries, scarring, and emotional damage
- Pressure injured workers to return to the job too soon
- Discourage seeking a second medical opinion
- Refuse to accept responsibility for conditions resulting in multiple injuries
The workers’ compensation lawyers at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. put more than 350 years of combined experience to help Georgia residents who suffer a workplace injury. With offices in Albany, Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Duluth, Macon, Savannah and Valdosta, our legal team works closely with clients to ensure they receive just compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by—
- Construction site accidents
- Injuries from repetitive use of computers, factory equipment, etc.
- Scaffolding, stairs, and ladder falls
- Malfunctioning or incorrectly used equipment
- Truck accidents
- Auto accidents
- Inadequate employee training
- Improperly maintained property causing dangerous conditions
- Slip and fall injuries
At Ken Nugent, we make filing a Georgia workers’ compensation claim much easier for our clients. We handle all requests for medical records, complete all necessary forms, and attend all hearings on a client’s behalf. Using a Atlanta workers’ comp attorney also ensures that claimants can more easily return to work at their original job without fear of retaliation.
You do not have to move forward alone after a serious work injury. Let our local Georgia workers’ comp lawyers help you with a free case review to determine the extent of your injuries and your claim.
Click the chat bubble to send us a message or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790.