- 1 Selecting a Georgia Medical Malpractice Attorney
- 2 Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Selecting a Georgia Medical Malpractice Attorney
We have 8 Medical Malpractice Offices in Georgia: Albany, Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Duluth, Macon Valdosta, and Savannah.
If you or a loved one suffers injury through medical malpractice, it is important to locate the most qualified lawyer to assist you. When you have serious heart problems, you search for a cardiologist instead of a general practitioner. The same thing is true when you have a medical malpractice issue—your best choice for a successful outcome is to find an attorney with a special focus on malpractice law in Georgia. The medical malpractice lawyers at the law firm of Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. help clients like you.
Finding the right Georgia malpractice attorney
Medical malpractice cases are more complex than general personal injury cases. An experienced medical malpractice attorney quickly understands what is necessary to prove your case and knows how to gather evidence to prove your damages and put an appropriate value on them. Do not make the mistake of hiring an inexperienced medical malpractice attorney who can easily undervalue your case. You need attorneys who have excellent contacts with experts, are skilled negotiators, and are aggressive opponents to insurance companies.
Ken Nugent’s medical malpractice attorneys regularly help people with serious injury and wrongful death claims and lawsuits. We are adept at strategizing and presenting the strongest evidence on your behalf. Best of all, with one free phone call you can discover if you have a valid claim and begin the process. A representative of Ken Nugent comes to where you are within 48 hours.
Georgia malpractice attorneys offer experience and results
The Georgia malpractice attorneys of Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. have the type of extensive experience, skill, and contacts needed to mount an effective malpractice case.
- Experience in medical malpractice cases in Georgia. The attorneys at our Georgia offices in Albany, Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Duluth, Macon Valdosta, and Savannah put more than 350 years of combined experience to work protecting the rights and advocating the interests of medical malpractice victims.
- Proven results in medical malpractice cases. For more than 25 years we have represented victims of medical malpractice and we have collected millions of dollars on their behalf. People across Georgia know one call is all they need to get skilled local legal help if they believe they are victims of medical malpractice.
- Excellent contacts with medical experts. We have medical experts readily available to provide opinions about the care you received and to dispute claims made by your doctors regarding your treatment.
- Strong negotiation and litigation skills. We know how to value your case to seek the maximum compensation that you deserve and then fight for your right to receive it.
Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Georgia malpractice lawyers at your side
Many residents of Georgia place their trust in the medical community every day. We rely on doctors, nurses, and other health care providers to be properly trained and to have ethical standards when they treat us medically. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. People become injured or die due to the negligence of medical professionals. The number of people killed by medical malpractice is shocking—an average of more than 1,500 victims each year in Georgia alone.
The Georgia medical malpractice lawyers at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. represent clients and family members injured due to—
- Anesthesiologist, physician, nurse, and other health care specialist errors
- Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, and failure to inform
- Surgeon errors
- Emergency room and hospital negligence
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Serious infections, staph infection, and gangrene
- Medication errors—over-medication, under-medication, failure to medicate
- Breach of accepted medical standard of care
- Failure to follow advanced medical directives and living wills
- Wrongful death
Georgia medical malpractice cases must meet tough standards
Just about everyone experiences doubt about the competence of doctors after a loved one has suffered or died while in treatment. It is important to remember that not all bad outcomes result from medical malpractice. However, if you believe a case exists, the best way to confirm that belief is by consulting with a Georgia medical malpractice lawyer at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. An attorney can discover if the two components of a valid medical malpractice claim exist in your case:
- Failure to meet the applicable standard of care—medical professionals are expected to provide a certain level of care depending on the the patient’s condition.
- The existence of a direct link between the medical treatment given (or not given) and the resulting injury or death must also be proven.
Proving standard care was not met and a direct link therefore exist between treatment and outcome is very difficult. However, Ken Nugent’s team includes medical experts, investigators, and others experienced in doing just that.
Trust your medical malpractice claim to Ken Nugent’s team
Insurance companies were created to make money. Denying claims is the best route to riches for these companies. They are well-staffed with persuasive claims adjusters ready to convince you that your claim is not valuable and that you should settle quickly or receive even less.
Ken Nugent and his team can level the playing field and provide you and your family a way forward. We—
- Work with the very best medical experts. They provide valuable opinions about the care you receive and may also dispute claims made by your treating doctors
- Cover the legal costs of your case until it is resolved
- Help to ensure that you receive quality treatment in the future from well-respected health care providers.
Select the Georgia malpractice attorney right for you—One call, that’s all
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice in Georgia, our experienced team is ready to start working on your case today. Contact Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. online, click on Chat Live, or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790.