Zoloft/Paxil – Serious Birth Defects
Zolif (Sertraline) and Paxil (Paroxetine) have been linked to serious birth defects. Zolif and Paxil are taken as an antidepressant. They affect the chemical in balance in your brain that can lead to depression, panic, anxiety, or obsessive compulsive symptons.
Zolif or Paxil when used while pregnant are link to serious life threatening birth defects in newborns.
- Heart birth defects – the infant heart wall between the left and right has not developed correctly
- Club foot – the foot is abnormal resulting in a condition that cannot be corrected
- Cranial birth defects resulting in an abnormal head shape
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension (PPNN) – Lung condition that is serious and life threatening
- Abdominal birth defects- Intestines or organs protruding from the belly button
- Spina Bifida – Disrupted the spinal cord causing them to remain open
- Neural Tube Defects – Brain and spinal cord defects
If you or a loved have used these drugs while pregnant and your new born is suffering from any of these life altering conditions, please contact our firm for a free case evaluation. Please contact us by either our web form, chat line, or call our office.