Byetta & Januvia Lawsuits
Byetta and Januvia are two incretin mimetics drugs that have been prescribed by doctors, to their patients, to help control blood sugar levels in Type 2 Diabetics. This injectable short acting form of exenatide works with the pancreas to produce more insulin when the body calls for it.
Byetta was not developed or designed to work with Type 1 Diabetics. Type 1 Diabetics are those people that require insulin to be injected into their body.
The use of Byetta is very specific regarding the specific time to inject the drug, before or after eating. Never use this drug if the following body conditions exist. It is very important that you notify your doctor of these conditions.
• kidney disease or a history of kidney transplant;
• problems with digestion;
• a history of pancreatitis or gall stones;
• a history of alcoholism; or a history of high triglycerides (a type of fat in blood).
But the FDA is now investigating their link to pancreatitis and precancerous celluar changes called pancreatic duct metaplasia.
Two major complications that are currently under review during this law suite include:
Kidney Failure – The conditions to look for relating to Kidney disease and report to us include:
• Changes is your appetite or digestion
• Changes in urine color
• Changes in frequency of urination or the amount of urine
• Unexplained swelling of the hands or feet
• Dull ache in the mid-to-low back
These side affects are suggested by the FDA to be the result of Kidney damage. Kidney failure can lead to a build up of waste products in the blood resulting in serious injury or death.
Pancreatitis – A condition resulting from use of Byetta and it can become very serious and life threating
Some pancreatitis side affects to report and pay attention to:
• High or Low Blood Pressure
• Elevated Respiratory or Heart Rates
• Nausea and Vomiting
• Severe upper abdominal pain including conic back pain
• Hemorrhagic Pancreatitis – massive erosion of the blood vessels leading to severe bleeding
• Necrotizing Pancreatitis – Tissue damage leading to the release of toxins and enzymes into blood stream, potentially causing organ failure and death
Byetta Lawsuit – The following side affects are looked at regarding the level of severity for which we are seeking compensation for pain and suffering
• Acute necrotizing pancreatitis
• Renal Failure
• Kidney damage
• Kidney failure
• Altered kidney functions
• Severe allergic reactions
• Chest pain
• Chronic headaches
• Stomach pain
It is vey important that you contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in dangerous drug cases like those involving Byetta and Januvia. Ken Nugent and his team of lawyers can help you with your dangerous drug case.