Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Georgia Malpractice Lawyers On Your Side
Many residents of Georgia place their trust in the medical community every day. We rely on doctors, nurses, and other health care providers to be properly trained and to have ethical standards when they treat us medically. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. People become injured or die due to the negligence of medical professionals. The number of people killed by medical malpractice is shocking—an average of more than 1,500 victims each year in Georgia alone.
The Georgia medical malpractice lawyers Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. represent clients and family members injured due to—
- Anesthesiologist, physician, nurse, and other health care specialist errors
- Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, and failure to inform
- Surgeon errors
- Emergency room and hospital negligence
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- Serious infections, staph infection, and gangrene
- Medication errors—over-medication, under-medication, failure to medicate
- Breach of accepted medical standard of care
- Failure to follow advanced medical directives and living wills
- Wrongful death
The malpractice lawyers at our Georgia location in Albany, Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, Duluth, Macon, Savannah and Valdosta have put more than 350 years of experience to work protecting the rights and advocating the interests of medical malpractice victims. People across Georgia know one call is all they need to get skilled local legal help if they believe they have been victims of medical malpractice.
Georgia Medical Malpractice Cases Must Meet Tough Standards
Just about everyone experiences doubt about the competence of doctors after a loved one has suffered or died while in treatment. It is important to remember that not all bad outcomes result from medical malpractice. However, if you believe a case exists, the best way to confirm that belief is by consulting with a Georgia medical malpractice lawyer at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. An attorney can discover if the two components of a valid medical malpractice claim exist in your case:
- Failure to meet the applicable standard of care—medical professionals are expected to provide a certain level of care depending on the the patient’s condition.
- The existence of a direct link between the medical treatment given (or not given) and the resulting injury or death must also be proven.
Proving standard care was not met and a direct link therefore exist between treatment and outcome is very difficult. However, Ken Nugent’s team includes medical experts, investigators, and others experienced in doing just that.
Trust Your Medical Malpractice Claim To Ken Nugent’s Team
Insurance companies were created to make money. Denying claims is the best route to riches for these companies. They are well-staffed with persuasive claims adjusters ready to convince you that your claim is not valuable and that you should settle quickly or receive even less.
Ken Nugent and his team can level the playing field and provide you and your family a way forward. We—
- Work with the very best medical experts. They provide valuable opinions about the care you receive and may also dispute claims made by your treating doctors
- Cover the legal costs of your case until it is resolved
- Help to ensure that you receive quality treatment in the future from well-respected health care providers.