Have you recently been involved in an accident? Are you in search of an experienced slip & fall law firm in Atlanta? Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C should be your first choice if you need a qualified slip and fall lawyer.
A slip and fall happens when you trip or slip and are injured on another person’s property. Some of the known conditions where a slip and fall accident might happen include the following:
Whatever the cause of the slip and fall accident, we are here to help with your case. We have handled similar personal injury cases over time that we’ve been in practice and can ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
While there is no exact way to determine if someone else is responsible for your injuries if you trip or slip, with our assistance, we can help to prove whether or not the property owner put the right measures in place to prevent a slip and fall. Also, we need to prove that you were not careless in avoiding or seeing the condition that led to your slip and fall.
We must also prove the following:
1. Dangerous Conditions
We must gather all evidence to prove that the slip and fall was caused by a dangerous condition which was known by the owner of the property. Here, we aim to prove that:
2. Identify The Responsible Parties
When you come to us after a slip and fall, our goal is to get compensation for the accident. However, we need to identify the responsible party and their negligence that led to the injury. Of course, many people don’t realize that some injuries are accidents caused by their own carelessness. Here are some items to consider.
• Commercial Property
Here we aim to prove that the owner of a commercial premise was responsible for the slip and fall because of their negligence. In the event of a slip and fall in a commercial property, in most cases, there are many parties responsible for the situation so we will do everything possible to make sure that we prove this.
• Residential Property
Landlords can be held responsible for any slip and fall injuries reported by tenants or any other third parties on the property. The goal here is to help you prove that the landlord had control over the situation leading to the slip and fall. Did the property owner fix or repair the area that led to the accident?
• Government Property
Here, we will take into account the special rules that apply when you slip and fall in any property owned by a federal, state, or local government body. In some cases, there are immunities in place that protect the government from liability. However, with our proper understanding of such provisions, we can ensure that you get the right compensation.
Have you or someone you know been involved in a slip and fall accident? In order for your case to be handled properly, you need to follow these tips.
• Get Medical Treatment – Your health should be your first priority after a slip and fall accident. You need to see a doctor if you have been hurt so the injuries can be properly documented. The medical records will prove to be the best evidence when you seek compensation for your injuries.
• Report The Accident – Regardless of where the slip and fall happens, you need to report the accident to the owner of the property. The details of the accident should be put into writing. The owner should keep a copy of the written report and so should you.
• Make Sure Everything Is Documented – You need to collect the names, phone numbers, and email addresses of anyone who witnessed the slip and fall. They will come in handy if you decide to pursue your claim. You should also take pictures of where you fell and write down what you were doing before the accident.
• Don’t Give Statements – Avoid posting details of the accident on social media. You should not give a statement to the insurance company unless you have spoken to an attorney.
• Call Us – Finally, you need to call an attorney. If you are considering legal action, it’s best to have an experienced attorney by your side. Our law firm is ready to help because we understand that slip and fall accidents are very hard to prove. We are here to help.
Now that you know everything involved in a slip and fall accident, here are some of the reasons why you should choose us to handle your case in Atlanta.
1. We Are Experienced – All the attorneys working at the law offices of Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C are experienced in handling slip and fall cases. Having been in business for several decades, they have worked on many slip and fall cases that have generated positive results. When you hire us, you can be assured that we will do our best to help you win your case.
2. We Are Excellent Communicators – We understand that you might not have a proper grasp of the legal ramifications of your case. That’s why we dial down the legal jargon to make sure you understand the case throughout the proceedings. We will create a proper channel of communication to ensure that you can reach us at any time. We provide regular updates about your case.
3. We Are Dedicated – When you contact us with a slip and fall case, we are ready to learn and investigate everything about it. We are here to ensure that you get fair compensation.
4. We Are Experts At Slip And Fall Cases – As mentioned, we have been in business for a few decades and have handled numerous slip and fall cases during the time we have been in practice. Therefore, we are experts at all matters relating to slip and fall law. We know the ins and outs so we are ready to find the best defense for your case to ensure success.
In conclusion, an Atlanta slip and fall accident can be quite devastating. However, we are here to help and make sure you get compensated for your injuries. Call us now at (404) 885-1983 so that we can get started on your case.