- 1 Dedicated Truck Accident Law Firm
Dedicated Truck Accident Law Firm
Everyone who has driven on Georgia highways understands that these roads are filled with 8 wheeler commercial trucks and that sharing the road can be difficult. These trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and are, on average, 70 feet long. Semi-trucks can be hard to maneuver in traffic and need extra space to make turns.
Accidents occurring with big rigs can lead to catastrophic injuries for the passengers in the passenger vehicle. The size and weight of these large trucks can cause severe damage during an accident even at low speeds.
If you have suffered a trucking accident injury you will need an aggressive law firm to represent your claim for compensation. The Law Offices of Kenneth S. Nugent have attorneys in their law firm dedicated to representing clients that have been injured in big truck accidents. Ken Nugent and his law firm understands that your life has been disrupted by these injuries and are here to help you with the process of putting your life back together.
Common Causes For Semi-Truck Accidents
- Fatigued Driver
- Inexperienced Driver or Underqualified Driver
- Faulty Equipment
- Unrealistic Delivery Deadlines (Causes driver to speed)
- Poor Maintenance
- Road Defects
- Failure To Obey Driving Laws
- Bad Tires (Underinflated or threadbare)
- Overloaded freight or incorrect distribution of weight
- Drugs Or Alcohol Use
- Log Book Violations (Too many hours on the road)
Of course, these are generalized causes of semi-truck accidents and do not include every possible scenario. This is why you need an Atlanta law firm that understands this very unique industry.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Ken Nugent know that there are different laws that apply to commercial vehicles. They understand that a different approach must be taken when looking at big rig accidents and the resulting injuries. In some cases the cause of the accident may be a result of several factors, and the attorney that represents your case must understand this and know how to aggressively investigate your case.
Your Injuries Can Change Your Life
When you are involved in a trucking accident the resulting injuries can be life-changing. Your injuries may cause you to require lifelong medical care, they may prevent you from returning to work, and they may prohibit you from enjoying life in the same manner you were accustomed to prior to the accident. All of these factors must be considered when you are seeking compensation.
The compassionate lawyers at the Law Offices of Ken Nugent realize that your life has been impacted and they will work diligently to seek complete and fair compensation for your injuries. The attorneys have seen what these injuries can do to a person and their family and they will not relent in bringing the negligent party to justice.
Staying Safe On The Road
The attorneys of the Law Offices of Ken Nugent encourage all drivers to drive with caution, especially when sharing the road with a big rig. Always obey the rules of the road and drive in a manner that is appropriate for weather and traffic conditions.
When sharing the road with a semi-truck, make sure that you:
- Leave enough room between you and the truck. If you ride to closely to a truck you have the potential of hitting them in the rear and going under the truck itself during impact. Many people incorrectly believe that “draft riding” or driving close to the back end of a semi-truck will reduce their gas consumption. This is not accurate and is very dangerous.
- Make sure that you can see the driver’s side mirror at all times. If you can see the driver’s side mirror on the truck the diver can see you. Trucks are wider than regular passenger vehicles and in many cases they cannot see who is near them unless the passenger vehicle is visible in their side mirror.
- Remember that trucks need more stopping room. Darting in front of an 18 wheeler and making a quick stop can cause an accident. Trucks need a lot of room to stop and this may even cause the truck to jackknife.
- Trucks make extra-wide right turns. If you see a truck making a right turn you should not try to make a right turn at the same time in another lane. Allow the truck to turn first to avoid being hit when it swings wide.
Never An Up Front Fee
The trucking accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Kenneth S. Nugent work on a contingency basis. This means that there are never any legal costs to the client before a settlement is reached. This ensures that everyone who has been injured by the negligence of another person or business can receive quality legal representation. Initial consultations and case reviews are also free so injured parties can speak to an attorney without financial hardship.
- Georgia 18 Wheeler Injury Lawyers
- Semi Accident Law Firm
- Atlanta Big Truck Injury Attorneys
- Trucking Accident FAQ’s
Helping Georgia big truck injury & accident victims—One call, that’s all
Let us help you with a free case review to determine the extent of your injuries and 18 wheeler accident claim. Click the chat bubble to send us a message or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790.