- 1 Experienced Georgia Accident & Personal Injury Lawyers
- 2 Common types of personal injury cases in Georgia include:
- 2.1 Auto Accidents
- 2.2 18 Wheeler Tractor Trailer Trucking Accidents
- 2.3 Premises Liability
- 2.4 Dog Bites
- 2.5 Motorcycle Accidents
- 2.6 Medical Malpractice
- 2.7 Boating Accidents
- 2.8 INJURIES THAT MAY BECOME SERIOUS INCLUDE:
- 2.9 Personal Injury Attorney in Georgia
- 2.9.1 Personal Injury Damages
- 2.9.2 In general, you may be able to receive payment for certain types of costs related to your injuries. Those can include:
- 2.9.3 Some of the factors that may limit how much compensation you can receive for your injuries are:
- 2.9.4 Personal Injury Process
- 2.9.5 Experienced Representation For Your Personal Injury Case
- 2.9.6 About Georgia
Experienced Georgia Accident & Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been seriously hurt, then it may be time to consider hiring a Georgia personal injury lawyer. Hiring one of these attorneys when dealing with medical bills is the perfect way to take away the stress of dealing with all that has happened and is happening in your life.
It can be a very frustrating and even heartbreaking experience when you’re injured because of someone else’s actions, especially if the injuries could have been avoided. If you’ve been seriously hurt, financial worries may accompany your physical recovery process as well.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help relieve some of the worries so that you don’t have to worry about not receiving compensation. Under Georgia law, victims may pursue a claim for compensation when they are injured because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness and can recover other types of payment such as medical bills.
The Atlanta personal injury attorneys at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. are Georgia’s premier law firm for handling your personal injury claim and will help you pursue the best course of action in this situation and any other case that may arise from your accident or negligence-related issue.
Common types of personal injury cases in Georgia include:
Car crashes are a leading cause of personal injury claims. If you get into an accident involving two or more vehicles, then car insurance may be able to cover it – otherwise, the claim must come from your own means. In general, if someone is hit by a vehicle and injured as the result of their actions-say they were running across traffic-then that person’s medical bills would also need coverage which is not always available for these types of accidents.
18 Wheeler Tractor Trailer Trucking Accidents
Accidents involving large trucks and tractor-trailers can lead to serious injuries or even death. The truck driver may answer for this, but there are often legal complications involved in claims related to such accidents.
Claims stemming from accidents on someone’s property caused by dangerous conditions or negligence are called premises liability cases. Some examples of this would be slip-and-fall accidents, dog bites, and swimming pool injuries.
Personal injuries caused by dog bites fall into two categories: minor or life-threatening. Bite injuries range from minor scratches or skin tears all the way up to life-threatening conditions as well as broken bones and organ damage.
Motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in serious injury or death because of the lack of protection and negligent motorists. Motorbike collision claims can also be more difficult to handle due to the nature of personal injury law, with insurers working hard to reduce their liability as much as possible.
When medical malpractice occurs, it can result in a number of negative consequences for the patient. If you were to be injured or killed as a result of negligence by your doctor, our Georgia medical malpractice attorneys have the experience and knowledge needed to bring those responsible for their negligent actions to justice.
Boat accidents happen quite often in Georgia, and a common cause is operator inattention. Additionally, boating under the influence is another risk factor for boat mishaps. This can lead to serious injuries as well as accidental drownings – a potentially fatal outcome of any aquatic accident.
OUR 8 OFFICE LOCATIONS IN GEORGIA:
Our Albany Office is located at 208 North Westover Boulevard, Albany, GA 31707
Our Atlanta Office is located at 1355 Peachtree Street N.E., Atlanta, GA 30309
Our Augusta Office is located at One 10th Street, Suite 550, Augusta, GA 30901
Our Columbus office is located at 1234 First Avenue, Columbus, GA 31901
Our Duluth office is located at 4227 Pleasant Hill Road, Building 11, Suite 300, Duluth, GA 30096
Our Macon office is located at 487 Cherry Street, Suite 200, Macon, GA 31201
Our Savannah Office is located at 1 Bull Street, Suite 400, Savannah, GA 31401
Our Valdosta office is located at 2935 N. Ashley Street, Building H Suite 127, Valdosta, GA 31602
READ WHAT SOME OF OUR PAST CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US:
I was surprised with the service and the price that the attorney Kenneth S Nugent P.C. offered. I was offered a FREE CASE EVALUATION and decided to speak to one of the lawyers. They provided me with the right plan to tackle my case.
My accident totally blindsided me. Thanks to Mr. Eric Sterling he made my case a breeze He informed me of everything and made sure I was comfortable and AGREED WITH EVERYTHING that was occurring. I really appreciate the time and due diligence he gave my case. I am VERY happy with the outcom!
I had a great experience working with This office! I have already sent recommendations to my friends. I had never been in an accident before…I felt supported and the process was very efficient! I received excellent care during my recovery and I am so appreciative! Thank You to Kenneth Nugent and staff!
I recent had a family member use Morgan and Morgan and had an unpleasant experience but we called Ken Nugent and had a whole different experience. We should have called them first but now we know better. Everything was done promptly and everyone was very professional and very helpful! Eric Sterling was who we used and I recommended him 100%. He went above and beyond to help settle our case. I don’t have enough room here to explain how much we liked him and how well he handled everything from day one.
I’m currently working with the firm about an auto accident where I was a passenger. Thus far they have delivered on the case with flying colors. The staff is on time with answers to my questions and they are very personable.
The service was awesome they walked me through the process step by step and answered any questions I had. They also got me the maximum return available and delivered when they said they would. What more can you ask. Thanks Gang!!!
The whole legal team from Jenna Matson, Ms. Barton, Mr. Trimm, finance specialist, down to the secretary was just amazing. Because they didn’t just treat me as a client they treat me as if I was family. They walked me through the whole process, answered any questions I had, and kept me informed. I want to thank everyone for a job well done in helping me with my situation. I wish you all the best and may God Bless you all.
The law firm and professionals presented me with a great atmosphere. Things were handled professionally and I am satisfied with my experience. A big thank you to Staci Alexander and Valerie Woods for representing me and making sure I was alright throughout my journey.
Lauren E. Williams worked so well on my case I would recommend her to any one. She went the extra mile to make sure I didn’t walk away empty handed and I really thank her for the work she put in for me. Thank you Lauren and thanks to the Ken Nugent staff.
My attorney was Micheal Orr. He was extremely professional from start to finish and kept me updated at every step of my case. Made sure all my medical bills were taken care of and took really good care of me.
My experience with Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. was very professional. My case manager Travis Stewart was excellent he returned all my phone calls in a timely matter and made sure I was informed about any update of the case. My lawyer was Christopher Addams he handled everything in a professional manner. I will definitely use Kenneth S. Nugent law firm again.
Very Great Experience. ❤️❤️ I really had a great team. They really listened and cared about my case. They were very responsive and always checked in on me and kept me up to date with everything. This would be my second time reaching out to Kenneth Nugent to represent me. I would really like to thank everyone for their support and representing me 😊.
INJURIES THAT MAY BECOME SERIOUS INCLUDE:
- Brain Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Eye Injuries
- Hearing Loss
- Psychological Injuries
- Knee and Shoulder Injuries
- Chest and Abdominal Injuries
Personal Injury Attorney in Georgia
If you, or someone close to you, have been injured in a car accident or truck accident and need legal representation for your personal injury case: Kenneth S. Nugent P.C. is here to help! Our lawyers have decades of experience assisting injured people to get the compensation they deserve following an incident on other peoples’ property- like motor vehicle accidents but also defective product cases as well! Just call us today at 1-800-CALL-KEN for your FREE consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys.
Personal Injury Damages
One of the first questions our injured clients ask us is “How much will my case be worth?” There are a lot of complexities attached to such cases. Every case has its own unique set of facts and circumstances which can affect the compensation you may receive.
- Medical Costs: You may be able to receive compensation for medical treatment that you have had related to your accident, including any future treatments linked with the incident and current treatments.
- Lost Wages: You may be able to receive compensation for lost income if you are unable to work because of your injuries.
- Pain and Suffering/Mental Anguish: You may be eligible for compensation because of your emotional distress, or prolonged pain due to your accident.
- Loss of Consortium: You could receive compensation for effects on your relationship with your spouse because of injuries inflicted during the accident, such as if you are not able to be intimate.
- Disfigurement: You may be able to receive compensation if you have disfigurements as a result of your injuries, such as facial scars.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are awarded when negligence or recklessness is so outrageous that a court determines society needs to show the defendant and others who may behave like him/her a deterrent.
Some of the factors that may limit how much compensation you can receive for your injuries are:
- Insurance Policy Limit: Personal injury cases often involve making claims against insurance policies and their maximum amounts, which act as a ceiling for what you can recover. These limits are known as insurance claims values or insurance limits. These maximum amounts are commonly referred to as limits and act as a ceiling for what you can recover in damages.
- Georgia Damage Caps: In Georgia, there is a limitation of $250,000 in punitive damages that can be awarded, and 75% of this award will be paid into the state treasury system.
- Comparative Negligence: If a jury finds that you were also negligent and your negligence contributed to your injuries, then the compensation awarded to you may be reduced by the percentage of fault.
- Prior Injuries: You must prove that the other person’s negligence has caused you to be hurt in order for you to receive compensation. If your herniated disc from before already existed and worsened because of the accident, then it is unlikely that anything would happen. However, if something new happened due to this injury – a new injury like a tumor or an infection-then getting paid could become possible through tort law (the law governing what people are owed after causing injuries).
The reality is that no two cases are the same. Insurance companies and juries might evaluate a number of different factors when weighing how much compensation you should receive, or what types of damages you can be awarded your personal injury case. Having an experienced Georgia attorney on your side could make all the difference in winning your case! A lawyer will explain to you exactly what options are available to win a settlement for any given incident, and they will help guide you through this process until it’s conclusive.
Personal Injury Process
In the tragic circumstance of death due to negligence or recklessness, a Georgia personal injury lawyer can discuss whether you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. Georgia’s wrongful death law allows you to file a lawsuit in order for an individual who has died as a result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness and live on through their family members, heirs, and next-of-kin.
The most common types of damages one could receive from this type of suit include:
- Accident Investigations: The first step in collecting evidence for an accident is to get medical records and bills, photos, videos, or witness statements. This can be followed by a reconstruction of the accident that establishes how it happened and demonstrates how your injuries were caused.
- Mediations or Arbitrations: Sometimes, a personal injury claim may be sent to mediation or arbitration instead of settlement through the court system. An experienced attorney can help you during mediation or arbitration so that your side of the story is heard, and make sure you get what is deserved in terms not only of compensation but also for medical bills as well.
- Insurance Disputes: Insurance companies often make claims regarding the circumstances of an accident or deny responsibility to pay for your injuries. A lawyer can help you argue why they are liable and how much compensation is owed, and also guide you through any appeals should they be denied.
- Personal Injury Lawsuits: If a claim cannot be settled, you may want to consider hiring an attorney and filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Settlement Negotiations: If you’ve been involved in a personal injury, your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company or other parties to get you a fair settlement of your claim.
Experienced Representation For Your Personal Injury Case
When something goes wrong, it can feel like the world is over. We want to be there to help you recover from whatever tragedy has occurred in your life and help you get back on track as quickly as possible. Our lawyers at Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C., are committed to being compassionate advocates for those who have suffered an injury or loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence.
Our lawyers have extensive experience working with insurance adjusters and negotiating settlements. We know how to work with different kinds of insurance companies and what procedures they follow for claims processing, which means we are ready to fight for you.
Our lawyers have many years of experience trying personal injury cases in Georgia and winning verdicts for our injured clients. We have significant experience dealing with the courts, opposing attorneys, and judges. If you’re looking for representation in a personal injury case or other legal matter please contact us at 1-800-CALL-KEN.
Georgia is a southeastern U.S. state whose terrain spans coastal beaches, farmland, and mountains. Capital city Atlanta is home to the Georgia Aquarium and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, dedicated to the African-American leader’s life and times. The city of Savannah is famed for its 18th- and 19th-century architecture and leafy public squares. Augusta hosts the Master’s golf tournament.