Georgia 18 Wheeler Injury Lawyers
If you are familiar with the roads around Atlanta, then you can easily understand how semi-truck accidents can occur in Georgia. The roads are busy around the clock and mixed in between all of the passenger vehicle traffic are large commercial trucks. While semi-truck accidents are not as common as passenger vehicle events, these accidents are usually more devastating.
A large majority of truck accidents result in catastrophic injuries to people in the passenger vehicles. Sadly, a portion of these accidents result in loss of life.
The Law Offices of Kenneth S. Nugent represent victims of trucking accidents as well as families of those who are seeking a wrongful death case because of a trucking accident. Each of our Georgia offices has attorneys dedicated specifically to these types of events.
Trucking accidents are very different than other types of vehicular events. The damages are generally more severe and the injuries more intense. Lives change when a trucking accident occurs.
The attorneys of the Law Offices of Ken Nugent aggressively represent victims of 18 wheeler accidents. They will work diligently to recover compensation for all of their client’s losses. They understand this accident has caused more than physical damage to a vehicle; it has changed your life.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the trucking industry and all of the regulations imposed on trucking companies by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. They know exactly how to determine if these regulations have been violated and determine where the negligence that caused the accident occurred.
Our skilled attorneys can even determine through their research in the case if there were additional parties that should be held responsible for the accident. They understand that each accident is unique and different situations may apply to the event.
Important Facts About Semi Truck Accidents
- Even though most people associate semi-trucks with highway driving, the most common place for big rig accidents to occur is on smaller roads.
- It is also common belief that most truck accidents occur during the weekdays and at night. The most common time for a truck accident to occur is during the day on the weekend.
- Accidents involving tractor trailers occur once every 16 minutes in the United States.
- The states with the most truck accidents are: Texas, Florida, Georgia and California. Of these four states, California has the most amount of fatal accidents involving trucks.
- A large portion of truck accidents include a fatality. The fatality usually occurs to the driver of the passenger vehicle.
Staying Safe On The Road
- Do not ride too close to the back of the truck. Many people believe that if they ride closer to the back of the truck they can benefit from the backdraft and save on their own personal gas consumption. This is not true and is very dangerous. Even though trucks are now required by law to have a bumper bar installed on the back of their truck to prevent people from driving under their vehicle, the bumper bar often causes severe damage to the car and causes catastrophic injuries.
- Do not stop short in front of a semi-truck. Trucks needed extended room to stop and if you pull in front of one and stop too quickly you could be rear-ended by the truck.
- Remember that large trucks need extra room to make a right turn. Avoid cutting in on the truck when making a turn because they may not be able to see your vehicle. Always try to remain I the view of the truck driver’s side view mirror. This guarantees that they can see you at all times.
- Always make sure to allow enough room when trying to pass a semi-truck on a two-lane highway.
Free Consultation And No Up Front Legal Fees
The Law Offices of Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. believe that everyone should be able to have quality legal representation regardless of their financial circumstances. They understand that most accidents cause financial stress and they do not want their clients to feel that they cannot have legal assistance in their time of need. Because of this, the lawyers at the Law Offices of Ken Nugent work on a contingency basis.
Contingency fees means that there are never any up-front costs for legal representation for you case. The initial consultation and review of your case is free, and any legal expenses you incur during the process are paid from your final settlement.
Working on a contingency basis ensures that everyone is equally represented under the law and that everyone receives the compensation they are entitled to for their injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, you are encouraged to contact one of our truck accident attorneys to have your case evaluated.
Helping Georgia 18 Wheeler Injury & Accident victims—One call, that’s all
Let us help you with a free case review to determine the extent of your injuries and 18 wheeler accident claim. Simply contact Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. online, click on Chat Live, or call us toll free at 1-888-579-1790.